Parents for Safer Schools: Program Guide
A School Safety Program for Parents and Caregivers
Parents for Safer Schools is a volunteer program available from Safe and Sound Schools to support parents who want to make a difference in the safety of their child’s school. The program provides ideas, resources, and access to Safe and Sound Schools leadership to help parents organize, communicate, and collaborate with their school communities to:
- Initiate and sustain discussions about school safety.
- Foster awareness about the roles parents can play in creating safer schools.
- Design and complete education, service, and fundraising projects to improve their schools’ safety preparedness.
- Build partnerships with teachers, administrators, parent volunteers, students, and community leaders.
- Serve as advocates for our youth by emphasizing the importance of a safe environment to ensure learning and growth.