Social Media Intern, Bay Area, California
Are you interested in social change? Do you like to communicate with people on social media?
Well, Safe and Sound Schools has a position for you. Our organization is searching for a social media intern interested in using their social media skills to spread the word about school safety.
Applying for this role indicates you:
- Stay on top of new social media marketing trends and watch what other brands are doing online
- Have a passion for social change and a curiosity to learn about how to engage the general public on important issues, and can
- Communicate effectively to all types of audiences on different platforms.
If this is you, then your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and create a monthly social media calendar to post content for Safe and Sound Schools social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Use tools, such as Canva and Piktochart, to design visual content for our audience.
- Post updates, news, and announcements in a timely manner.
- Research articles, stories, or news to share with our social media audience that is timely and relevant to our brand and mission.
- Assist in growing our online communities.
- Cultivate new ideas for outreach.
- Participate in brainstorms for upcoming events, initiatives, fundraisers, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Google Drive, and database management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, creative, and willing to take initiative
- Ability to prioritize with strong time management skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Nice to have:
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and other graphic design tools like Canva or Piktochart.
- Basic knowledge of creating videos to post on social media channels
This is a part-time paid internship (stipend). Interns will work from home and contribute approximately 10 hours/week for one to two semesters. Although interns can work from home, interns will be expected to attend 1-4 in-person check-ins per month.
How to Apply:
Safe and Sound Schools uses Google Forms. Submit your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 work samples by clicking the button below. In your cover letter, please explain why you want to work for Safe and Sound Schools and why you would be a great fit.