Safe and Sound Schools, in partnership with Region 4 Education Service Center, is proud to announce the inaugural National Summit on School Safety.
Join us March 28-30, 2019, in Houston, Texas, for an intensive and interactive, two-day conference focused on comprehensive school safety. The National Summit on School Safety is ideal for educators, administrators, safety and security professionals, mental and behavioral health practitioners, solution providers, community members, and leaders.
The National Summit on School Safety is designed to provide a hands-on learning experience and will feature national and regional experts such as:
- CJ Huff, Former Superintendent of Joplin Schools and Special Advisor for Education and Community Leadership to Safe and Sound Schools
- John Michael Keyes, Founder and Executive Director of I Love U Guys Foundation
- Frank DeAngelis, Former Columbine Principal and Special Advisor for Education Leadership to Safe and Sound Schools
- Michele Gay, Co-founder and Executive Director of Safe and Sound Schools
- Alissa Parker, Co-founder and Director of Safe and Sound Schools
With deep-dive breakout sessions, workshops, leadership round tables, inspirational keynotes, and dedicated networking, attendees will add to their school safety toolbox to better meet their community’s school safety needs. Conference sessions will cover the six key components of our Framework for Comprehensive School Safety Planning and Development:
- Physical Environment
- Operations and Emergency Management
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Health and Wellness
- Culture, Climate, and Community
- School Law, Policy and Finance
Stay tuned for updates on more speakers, sponsors, and the summit agenda. To keep up with all things Safe and Sound, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. And to keep up with Region 4 Education Service Center, like them on Facebook and follow them Twitter.
Sponsorship opportunities are available at a variety of levels. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, contact Rania Mankarious at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, March 28, 2019 – 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Meet & Greet
- Friday, March 29, 2019 – 7:30 am – 4:30 pm: Keynote Speakers & Breakout Session
- Saturday, March 30, 2019 – 7:30 am – 2:30 pm: Leadership Forum & Closing
Join us at the Region 4 Education Service Center: 7145 W Tidwell Rd, Houston, TX 77092
Early bird tickets are available through December 31, 2018. Register with our partner, Region 4 Education Service Center.